Have you ever had to spend a night without a bed? If you’re lucky, the answer is no. But Family Promise has sheltered families previously sleeping in cars, park pavilions, even abandoned houses. There are far too many children and parents who sleep without a bed. With the pandemic upon us, calls for help to Family Promise are higher than ever!
You can help Family Promise expand its shelter to help those families. Right now.
Join the LUMC team and spend a night without a bed on May 2—in your car, on your sofa, on your floor, in a treehouse, in your tent in your yard–to remember those who can’t choose to. Have fun and be creative while helping those in need. Get the whole family involved and ask your friends and family to sponsor you through online donations. Share your experiences on social media using the hashtag #NightWithoutABed
How to sign up to participate on the Lawrence United Methodist Team:
- Go here: https://app.donaide.com/public/campaign.html?c=130.
- Scroll down and click on “Become a Participant.”
- Enter your personal info
- “Join a Team” by choosing one from the drop-down menu
- Choose Lawrence United Methodist
- Add a photo (unfortunately, this is a requirement Donaide won’t let us turn off that was added after we started)
I don’t want to join a team, I just want to donate:
Mail checks to payable to: LUMC 5200 N Shadeland Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46226 (Be sure to put “Night Without A Bed” in the memo)
- Go to lawrenceumc.com
- Choose E -Giving on the upper right side
- Click on the Push Pay link (a new browser will open)
- Under “Giving Type” drop-down menu choose “ Family Promise Night Without A Bed”
Thank you for your support! If you have questions, please contact our Congregation Coordinator, Tamiko Neely at (317) 457-2285